FENELON FALLS, ON [March 19, 2020]: As health officials and businesses across Canada continue to make challenging decisions in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Cable Cable is committed to helping their local communities remain connected and safe. Operating out of Fenelon Falls Ontario, the telecommunications provider offers internet, television, and home phone services to thousands of customers across the City of Kawartha Lakes.
“There has never been a more important time for our local community to remain connected and informed”, says Michael Fiorini, CEO of Cable Cable. “I want to assure our customers that we are open for business and committed to helping them stay connected, entertained, and safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Our staff members live in the communities we service and recognize our role in supporting neighbours and families as we all navigate this challenging time.”
The company says it is closely monitoring the situation as it evolves and adapting as required to take all safety precautions while continuing to support and protect its customers and staff.
Enhanced support for customers
- All Cable Cable internet packages are unlimited. This means there are no data caps or overage fees associated with increased subscriber usage. Those who are working from home or practicing social distancing can stream, game, browse, and socialize with no impact to their budget.
- A wide range of family, lifestyle, and entertainment television channels are available on free preview for subscriber enjoyment throughout March and April.
- Ongoing monitoring of network capacity and health is being undertaken in order to avoid service interruptions due to increased volume and pressure.
- Customers are being encouraged to utilize an online ‘My Account’ portal which will allow them to access account info, make payments, and download streaming apps from the safety of their homes.
Enhanced protection for staff and customers
- The company’s Administration Office is temporarily closed to the public in order to protect staff and customers while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Staff will remain available to support customers over the phone, through email, and via social media on an ongoing basis. Staff members who can work effectively from home have been encouraged to do so where appropriate. Call center hours of operation will remain unchanged and can be viewed here.
- Enhanced Health and Safety and sanitation protocols have been implemented and are being practiced by administrative and field staff. Staff are being asked to closely monitor their own health and report any symptoms immediately.
- Screening procedures have been implemented and are being strictly followed prior to any service and installation appointments in order to help protect staff when entering customer homes. Customers are asked to assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by remaining honest and practicing sanitation best practices in their home prior to these appointments.
Customers looking for more information and ongoing updates regarding Cable Cable’s precautions throughout the COVID-19 pandemic can visit www.cablecable.net.