On our team, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment that’s challenging the status quo in the broadband industry.
Stationed within the Kawartha Lakes, you will become a part of a full-service telecommunications construction and service provider based in Fenelon Falls. We have been providing quality service for 40 years and specialize in total outside HFC and Fibre plant construction. With one of the most modern fleets in the telecommunications construction industry, Cable Cable powered by Rogers is continuously tackling difficult projects with aggressive schedules. We have the equipment and personnel to meet any challenge and we are looking for new members to join this fast paced and exciting team.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of established HFC and fibre-to-the-home construction procedures and techniques, including familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions.
- Install and repair underground and aerial telecommunications cable/fiber optic cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as shovels, pick axes, wrenches, drills, saws, lashers
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as directional bores, excavators, hydrovacs, locators, plows
- Jetting fiber optic cables into microducts
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work within a crew
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Ability to travel when travel is required
- Previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license (minimum “G” class, Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of fibre optic cable installation procedures and techniques
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction such as; maintenance builds, new builds, cable installation (both legacy and blown in [M2 design]), overlash, dig and repairs
- Ability to set up and maintain safe work areas
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Work mandatory overtime as required
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- AR/ARZ drivers license preferred but not mandatory
- Directional Drilling, HydroVac and fibre jetting/blowing experience preferred but not mandatory
The above statement represents general details necessary to describe the principal functions of a Construction Technician, and shall not be considered a conclusive description of all work required in the position. These responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and may be subject to change in order to meet organizational, business, or operational requirements.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Construction Technician” in the subject line.