We are looking for a Construction Technician candidate that must have knowledge of established HFC and fiber to the home construction procedures and techniques including the placement of poles and anchors, familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please apply!
- Install and repair aerial telecommunications cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks, directional bores, excavators, hydrovacs, locators
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work independantly and within a crew
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Ability to travel when travel is required
- Previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license (Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable installation procedures and techniques
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction (such as; pole transfers, maintenance builds, new builds, cable installation, over lash, and strand construction)
- Ability to set up and maintain safe work areas
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Work mandatory overtime as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- AZ drivers license preferred but not mandatory
- Directional Drilling and HydroVac experience preferred but not mandatory
The above statement represents general details necessary to describe the principal functions of a Service Technician, and shall not be considered a conclusive description of all work required in the position. These responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and may be subject to change in order to meet organizational, business, or operational requirements.
(By clicking the link below, you will be redirected to the posting on the Rogers Career Opportunities page to apply)