Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team as a Service Technician where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems to the satisfaction of our residential and business customers and in accordance with company specifications for our cable and fiber optic plant.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Complete installation work. (e.g., rewires, fishing, drop replacements)
- Promote and sell company services.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Adhere to the “One Rogers” principals of Customer First and First Time Right.
- Active involvement in upgrading your technical skills as required by the position through either SCTE, Rogers Technical Training or other defined sources.
- Meet and exceed all performance metrics assigned and measured by the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Have a Post-secondary education or comparable work experience;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a safe driving record.
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be a definite asset.
- Minimum two years Cable TV experience or equivalent experience from a related industry.
- Must have experience with TCP/IP protocols and NIC Installations.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, on call and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
The above statement represents general details necessary to describe the principal functions of a Service Technician, and shall not be considered a conclusive description of all work required in the position. These responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and may be subject to change in order to meet organizational, business, or operational requirements.
(By clicking the link below, you will be redirected to the posting on the Rogers Career Opportunities page to apply)