Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team as a Service Technician where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems to the satisfaction of our residential and business customers and in accordance with company specifications for our cable and fiber optic plant.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Complete installation work. (e.g., rewires, fishing, drop replacements)
- Promote and sell company services.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Adhere to the “One Rogers” principals of Customer First and First Time Right.
- Active involvement in upgrading your technical skills as required by the position through either SCTE, Rogers Technical Training or other defined sources.
- Meet and exceed all performance metrics assigned and measured by the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Have a Post-secondary education or comparable work experience;
- Must possess a valid driver's license, with a safe driving record.
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be a definite asset.
- Minimum two years Cable TV experience or equivalent experience from a related industry.
- Must have experience with TCP/IP protocols and NIC Installations.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, on call and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
The above statement represents general details necessary to describe the principal functions of a Service Technician, and shall not be considered a conclusive description of all work required in the position. These responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and may be subject to change in order to meet organizational, business, or operational requirements.