We are looking for a Construction Technician candidate that must have knowledge of established HFC and fiber to the home construction procedures and techniques including the placement of poles and anchors, familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please apply!
- Install and repair aerial telecommunications cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks, directional bores, excavators, hydrovacs, locators
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work independantly and within a crew
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Ability to travel when travel is required
- Previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license (Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable installation procedures and techniques
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction (such as; pole transfers, maintenance builds, new builds, cable installation, over lash, and strand construction)
- Ability to set up and maintain safe work areas
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Work mandatory overtime as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- AZ drivers license preferred but not mandatory
- Directional Drilling and HydroVac experience preferred but not mandatory
The above statement represents general details necessary to describe the principal functions of a Service Technician, and shall not be considered a conclusive description of all work required in the position. These responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and may be subject to change in order to meet organizational, business, or operational requirements.