Help With the Remote Control
For a helpful visual of the remote control and its functions, click here.
How do I program my Cable Cable remote to control the volume and mute on my TV?
- Press and hold the [SETUP] button until one of the mode buttons flashes twice and then release the [SETUP] button.
- Enter [9-9-3].
- Press and release the mode button for the device that you want your Cable Cable Remote to control the volume. (i.e. TV)
Note: In order to set your Cable Cable Remote to control your TV volume and mute, you must have already set it up to control your TV. If you haven’t done so, click here to find out how.
For the best audio control, we recommend your digital box volume be set to Fixed
- With the remote pointed towards the TV, press [POWER] once.
- Repeatedly press and release [CHANNEL +] until your TV turns off – the Cable Cable Remote will cycle through all possible codes until a match is found (you may need to press [CHANNEL +] multiple times before finding a match).
- Once the TV turns off, press [SETUP] once to lock the code – the [TV] button will blink twice.
- Press [POWER] to turn on your TV and to confirm the correct code was locked.
- Repeat the above steps with the other mode buttons (AUX, DVD, AUD, TV, or CBL) if you want your Cable Cable Remote to control other equipment
When you change the batteries in your Cable Cable Remote, replace them one at a time so that it will retain its programming.
To turn a device on or off, press the appropriate mode button (AUX, DVD, AUD, TV, or CBL), then press the Power button. To control a different device, press the appropriate mode button (AUX, DVD, AUD, TV, or CBL) and use the controls on your Cable Cable Remote.
Troubleshooting the Cable Cable Remote Control
Device button does not blink when a key is pressed.
Replace the batteries with two (2) new AA alkaline batteries.
Device button blinks when you press a button, but home entertainment component does not respond.
Make sure you are aiming the remote at your home entertainment component and that you are within 5m (15ft) of the component you are trying to control.
The Cable Cable remote control does not control home entertainment component or commands are not performing properly.
Try all listed codes for your brand of component. Make sure all devices can be operated with an infrared remote control.
CH+, CH- and LAST do not work for your TV made by RCA.
Due to the design of older RCA TVs (1983- 1987), only the original remote control will work.